Friday, 21 August 2015

Philippians 3v4-9: "..
Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ...
8.yea doubtless and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ.
9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith"

This verse reminds me how much most of us are so much addicted, and boastful of the earthly pleasures, then I look at this letter to the Philippians in which Paul clearly shows most of the reasons he had to boast in the flesh but rather when compared to the knowledge of Christ it clearly is nothing, most of us boast with the smallest things we have attained, we get caught up in the silliest of things in the world such that we forget who our Lord is and what he require of us, Paul clearly shows in verse 5 & 6 how much he knew the law of the Pharisees, how much he could boast of being from the tribe of Benjamin, which clearly shows that he could boast of being an Israelite, but rather he chose to count those things loses for the excellence of knowing Christ, he chose to count all things worth trusting in the flesh, nothing but "DUNG" that he may win Christ,

what am I really saying here, "we should stop trusting in our riches, fame , knowledge, parents, spouses, because certainly those are nothing compared to the excellence of the knowledge of Christ,
we should start having faith and belief that righteousness does not come by following the law but rather by faith that God is our righteousness and only through faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment